Sunday, January 1, 2017

Climbing Pisa's Leaning Tower

Livorno, Italy was our fifth port-of-call on our December 2016 Norwegian cruise on the "Spirit". This was my chance to zip into Pisa and see the "Field of Miracles" which includes the famous leaning campanile, the cathedral, the baptistry, and the Campo Santo. Tricia-Rose and I took the train to Pisa and walked to the Field of Miracles where I quickly got my ticket and climbed the tower. While at the top the bells began to chime and I had a fine view of this amazing collection of Renaissance architecture.

You can click any image for a larger view.





View from the belfry



Inside the Duomo


Bronze doors of the Duomo

John the Baptist in the baptistry

Inside the Baptistry

Inside the Campo Santo



The Campo Santo

Daliesque view of the Duomo doors

The Duomo


The miracles of the Field of Miracles